About CertainTeed Shingles:
- Roofing and Exterior Products from CertainTeed USA
- Founded in 1904 in Pennsylvania , USA
- Presence of over 107 years
- Portfolio includes Roofing Shingles, Sidings, Insulation, Fence, Decking & Railing
- 50 manufacturing plants in USA
- Presence in Europe, China, Russia, Korea, Turkey, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, etc
- Worldwide operations. In India since 2003
- Over 50 Lak Sqft applied covering all major building sectors in INDIA
Details Of Shingles:
CertainTeed Roofing shingles are Fiberglass reinforced, high grade, Mineral- stabilized asphalt based mats which are overlaid with high strength ceramic coated granules and underlayed with a mineral stabilizer cum fire-retardant
General pattern is made up of two pieces of shingles which are laminated together to form a thicker product to enhance its aesthetics and dimensional appeal. A more varied blend drop effect and shadow line is usually added to make it more aesthetically pleasing.
- CONSTRUCTION- Double laminates fiberglass composition: UL Class A
- SIZE - 335 mm X 1000 mm
- EXPOSURE - 145 mm
- WARRANTY - 25 years limited warranty (see warranty for specific details & limitations)
- WIND RESISTANCE - 15 years 100 km/hr. as per ASTM D3161
- FIRE RATING - Class A fire rating as per ASTM E108/ UL S107-M87
- SPECIAL FEATURE- Self adhesive strip
Advantages Of Shingles :
- Zero maintenance
- Algae resistance
- Excellent durability.
- Very durable, in comparison with other alternative roofing products.
- Light in weight - Hence easy to handle.
- Flexible – Aids easy installation.
- Water Absorption - Nil (gives better durability).
- Availability of Wide range of colours and variety of patterns.
- Can be folded at hips and ridges. Need not be pre-cut.
- Wind resistant, impact proof, fire proof and can withstand – 40 O C to +100 O C temperature
- Can be applied even on very steep slopes ranging from 15 to 90 degrees.
- Overlap of more than 50%. This ensures complete waterproofing.
- Versatility of the product. Can be applied both on wooden and concrete decks.
- Comply with ASTM D 3462 for tear resistance (1700 Grams minimum)
- Confirm to ASTM E108 , Class A fire resistance
- Certified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
- Uplift flexibility index is >50%.High resistance to blow-off